Type of returns and how to returns
You may return merchandise that is damaged within seven (7) days from the date of receipt of goods, as stated in the delivery note or invoice. Houz Depot will not be liable or responsible for any damage, error or loss after this period.
Note: Only goods purchased at houzdepot.my may be returned.
*Please be informed that non-refundable administrative charges apply.
How to return?
a. The goods arrived with damaged packaging.
Do not accept delivery. The courier will return the package.
b. After accepting the goods and signing the delivery note/invoice, the goods inside the packaging are damaged or defective.
- Inform us immediately by calling Customer Care Services: 603-8705 9350 for advice on returns.
- Take a photograph of the damaged item.
- Attach the photo and a copy of the signed Delivery Note or invoice & send it by registered mail to: [email protected]
- We will arrange to collect the damaged goods for inspection.
- After inspection, if the goods are in returnable condition, we will arrange for a refund within 30 (thirty) business days.
- Remember that items (1), (2) and (3) MUST be completed within 7 days from the date of receipt of goods, as stated in the signed delivery note or invoice.
- Such returned goods cannot be exchanged for similar or other item(s). Subsequent purchase of the same goods will be considered as a new order.
c. Special order and customized goods and merchandise
We regret these are not returnable.
d. Cancelling an order prior to delivery
Inform us immediately by calling Customer Care Services: 603-8705 9350 for advice on refund.
A surcharge will be deducted from the refund amount (should it apply).
e. Defective Items with warranty
If an item isn't working properly, please check the product manual for details and instruction of usage. If you need additional assistance, missing pieces or replacement parts, or warranty information, please contact the manufacturer directly within the warranty period. You will find these details in the warranty card.
If you are unable to resolve the problem after contacting the manufacturer, please contact our Customer Service. Provide details of your order number, product purchased, the date you contacted the manufacturer and reason(s) given for not resolving the matter.
How long will it take to receive refunds?
Please allow 30 (thirty) business days for the return transit time, plus processing upon receipt, for the return to be completed. We will send a cheque by mail to the address provided in the Merchandise Returns Form. If you provide an email address, we'll email you when your return has been processed.
What items are not returnable?
We are unable to accept goods for return, unless an item is defective, broken or damaged in transit:
Items not returnable:
* Packaging has been opened or damaged in any way, i.e. not in re-sellable condition
* Customized goods and special orders
* Promotions merchandise
* Batteries, bulbs and lighting
* Floor and wall tiles
* Ceiling and wall decorating materials for building and renovation
* Electrical appliances, power tools, fresh plants, mattresses, sofas, recliners, etc
Items not returnable, if (in any way) installed or assembled:
* Kitchen/Bathroom fittings and accessories
* Kitchen sinks, wash basins
* Water pumps and filters
* Door fittings and Door lock sets
* Air conditioners and air coolers
* Built-In ovens, hobs and hoods
* Flat-packed furniture
* Outdoor furniture & storage
We advise calling Customer Care Services, if you require assistance with returns.
How to return merchandise?
Use this checklist to ensure you are eligible for a refund when returning merchandise.
- Check whether or not the goods can be returned.
Do not return goods that are not returnable (refer above) . Such goods, if returned, will be kept in storage on your behalf for collection within 30 days. Thereafter, it is deemed abandoned and discarded by the customer.
- Unless damaged or defective, the goods to be returned must be in original condition.
The goods must be intact and in its unopened, original packaging together with warranty card, user manual, accessories and any material that comes with it including free/promotional item(s).
- Write the name and address of the sender clearly.
To ensure that the item is returned safely, ensure that the receiver and sender's name and address are correct.
- Make your own shipping arrangements.
You will have to bear the shipping costs for returns, unless merchandise is damaged or defective when delivered, or the error was ours.
- Insure the package
You are advised to purchase insurance when making returns to protect yourself in the unlikely event that the item is damaged while in transit. Houz Depot or its sellers cannot accept any returned item that is damaged.
If you need assistance, call Customer Care Services, Tel. 03-8705 9350, or email us: [email protected]my. Monday - Friday: 10:30 am - 5:30 pm (Business days only).